Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Children of the World

Choosing this photograph was not a simple matter of like or dislike. It was something clicking within and driving me forward to take action... action against poverty, injustice, and cruelty of the world. It made me understand and see once again how different life can be for people.
This photo was taken by Steve McCurry  in Samarkand, Uzbekistan- in a city I've never been to but heard of, in a country I heard of and grew up in, and in a world I've known all my life but never understood. It's easy to forget that bad things happen if they're not happening to you or in front of you, just as it's easy to forget about the good things. That's why I like photographs which can remind us of those feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Megan S Assignment 6